Posted on :
5 Aug, 2018
Nedbank invites applications for their Chartered Accountant(CA) training programme for 2019. The purpose of the job is financial control, and assisting with implementing the strategic objectives across the group, whilst completing the SAICA training contract.
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting preferred
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Accounting principles
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk, and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Applied Learning
- Decision Making
- Stress Tolerance
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders by providing expert knowledge and engaging with stakeholders.
- Maintain constructive stakeholder relationships by effectively providing progress feedback on projects and recommending appropriate resolutions where required.
- Respond effectively to the business by providing strategic consulting and advisory services for research and insights-based projects Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Deliver value adding recommendations/insights within turnaround times by effective collaboration with stakeholders; applying best practice market research and intelligence techniques.
- Develop; manage and deliver primary research projects by applying overall research and project management principles and leveraging vendor relationships.
- Monitor market activity by researching and reviewing primary and secondary research sources.
- Make informed recommendations by analyzing; interpreting and synthesizing results of primary and secondary research.
- Adhere policies and procedures by operating within the specified parameters.
- Monitor competitor activity by gathering and analyzing competitor data.
- Contribute to risk management by identifying and communicating internal operational risks.
- Manage research deliverables by maintaining spend within allocated budget.
- Deliver project results cost-effectively by identifying and communicating variances from project related budgets and costs to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during the formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
How To Apply
Closing date: 5 September 2018